Gifts and Pledges as of February 25: $1,097,077
We welcome your financial support, involvement, and comments.
|New Library Cost
Estimated Debt Schedule
The new Durham Public Library is an investment in the quality of life in our town, and a gift to future generations. The New Library Campaign goal of $900,000 has been surpassed (we are currently over $1 million) as the private share of the public-private partnership with the Town for a new facility. These funds will be added to the $1.2 million already given to the Trustees over the years specifically for a new library. All told, the Trustees and the community will contribute a total of $2.2 million toward the new library thus reducing the bond request as the Town's share of the project costs. Fundraising is continuing in earnest. Please be a part of making the long-awaited new library a reality.
We are making all of our campaign information available on this website, but if you have any questions please feel free to email the Campaign Committee at (email address).
- Donations are tax-deductible and may be pledged and paid over three years by cash, check, securities, paid-up insurance, retirement assets, or credit card.
- All donors will be recognized in a Book of Benefactors.
- All gifts and pledges can be given as a tribute to a person you would like to honor or to perpetuate the memory of a loved one.
- Donors of $2,500 and more, unless they prefer to remain anonymous, will be recognized in a prominent display in the new building.
- Donors of $5,000 and more also may choose to designate their gifts to sponsor a room, area, or item in the new library.
The Library Trustees wish to thank those individuals who have devoted so much time and effort in making the vision for the new library a reality. Their dedication to Durham's cultural, social, and intellectual enrichment is inspirational.
LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Doug Bencks, Chair
Robin Balducci, Treasurer
Sibylle Carlson, Secretary
Jenna Roberts, Vice Chair
CAMPAIGN LEADERSHIP COMMITTEE
|Ann Windsor, Chair
COMMUNITY OUTREACH LEADERSHIP TEAM
COMMUNITY OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS, as of November 7
Jenna Roberts, Co-Chair
Art Young, Co-Chair
Robert and Elise Sullivan
Nancy Kramer Webb