Public Computer Stations
Computers and Wireless Access Available for the Public
Eight Public Computers are available to the public at the Durham Public Library on a first come first served basis. There is a 1 Hour time limit for each log in; a running clock at the top of the screen shows time remaining. If there are no patrons waiting for a computer, you may log right back on. If you need to save work-in-progress, DPL has portable flash drives available at the front desk to copy your work.
Patrons using library computers are required to abide by the Library's Internet Use Policy, which is displayed on the computer monitor. When ready to log in, select I ACCEPT.
Computers are pre-loaded with:
Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ebsco Host: a large database, updated daily, with access to thousands of full-text articles from print sources, such as magazines (such as Consumer's Report,) newspapers, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Heritage Quest: genealogical information provider
- Encyclopedia Britannica -
- Salem Health: online version of the 5-volume Magill’s Medical Guide
- Newsbank: news magazine, newspapers, and online resources, such as Slate.com
10˘ a page; please pay at front desk for computer printouts and photocopies.
Free Wireless is available. Patrons can print from laptops by transferring the file to a public computer, either by email or use of a flash drive. There are flash drives available at the circulation desk for this purpose.